I ended up with a B- on my first test, but it was because I mis-interpreted the instructions (which were in German, so whatever-I technically had them correct plus it was a nearly identical format to the optional HW assignment, which I did. Only to find that the test was very slightly different, I feel robbed!). On the up side, I have a decent grasp of pronunciations :)
-New story-
I have had a horrible paranoia about the grocery store since I got here. Especially when it comes to fruits and vegetables. Laugh if you want, but it is intimidating! I couldn't figure out how to get them...you pick them up, put them in your bag...AND THEN you weigh them on a scale and sometimes you have to push a button for which fruit/veg it is (which I can't read all of them yet and it's scary with people watching), then it gives you a sticker to put on the bag. I have really wanted to figure it out, but there are always so many people! Okay so here is how I did it. I was in the Nachtmarket when I got bullied by a merchant into buying these Greek olives which I totally did not want, but I ended up getting a Euro's worth (Don't worry, it will never happen again). Well, this butt-hole merchant gave me a complimentary olive (I think to spite me) with a pepper in it. I asked, "Is this hot?" and he said, "No, only a little spicy." So I tried it, and it tasted like a HOT TOILET! I have never been so rude in my life but I chewed it and spit it everywhere behind the stand. I couldn't find a napkin! My mouth was on fire and tasted like funk. I bee-lined for the fruitstand (They don't have weights in the market) where a heavenly man made my order of "zwei pfirches und zwei gala apfels, bitte" SO EASY!!!! I ORDERED FRUIT! *Trumpets heralding* The nectarine/peach things were so divine. I still had the stupid olives, but I found someone at IES to hand those off to. I had to go to the real grocery store on the way home (the one euro-olives are no bigggie because I would have had to pay that much for a shopping cart, which I denied myself due to the previous waste) where I bought some jam, eggs, gummy bears, on sale cookie snack things, bananas, and ice cream. So healthy! The bananas were my first attempt at using the scale, and I stood there for like thirty seconds trying to figure out the sticker problem...until I realized the word baananana or whatever wasn't on the screen. That would be because the bananas already had the sticker on them, I looked really stupid.
The ice cream here is SO GOOD because it's gelato. I bought the cheapest store-brand carton of "straciatella ies" and I was completely impressed when I got home. It's really creamy and awesome! I wanted to buy bread, but I was scared, because you have to order it from a human. I've had enough exchanges for today. I also had academic advising today, I think I'll be taking German, Modern Art Appriciation/History, Gustav Mahler, and Art & Architecture in Vienna! I went to the preliminary lecture today for Art and Architecture, but I guess the professor got in a car accident-I don't know how serious it is....
I was told that this might be a way for you all to see my facebook photo albums of Vienna, there are three, so there are three links. If it doesn't work, I don't know how to fix it!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2045367&l=8ea67&id=28003110
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2045371&l=7602f&id=28003110
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2045373&l=e0ccd&id=28003110
Tchuss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment