Jacy and I overlooking Wien from a point past the Wienerwald
Same day-down the street from the Opernhaus, showing off our new scarfs!
Johann's Titz, as promised!
One of my classrooms!
The Basilica of Mariazell, where the famed Modonna is kept!I have a new neighbor across the hall; I caught her as she was walking in, and I wasn't expecting any exchange. But it went like this:
Neighbor: Gruss Gott!
Me: Gruss Gott!
N:**Something something something"
Me: Ich Spreche ein bisschen Deutch.
N: Ah,
Me: Ich bin eine Studentin mit IES, ich studie musik in der erste Bezirk-Johannesgasse?
N:Ah! Johannesgasse, eine Studenin mit der Konservatorie?
Me: Nein...ich spiele horn
N:Ich bin *something*
Me: Ummm
N:Eine Zinger
Me: Oh cool! Mine erste tag mit Deutch was....Montag (accompanied by a gesture backwards)
N: (nods head) Sehr gut!
N:Would you like to come in, I have some family over...
Me:Thank you for the invite, but I have to study. (I could guess they must be native because all of their shoes were outside the door!) Really, thank you!
Gute Nacht! Auf Wiedersehen!
N:Gute Nacht!
WOO!!!! I feel really proud, even if some of my articles were probably wrong...plus I got invited in, which I think was really cool. It might have been rude to refuse, but I don't think they spoke much English and I'm just not that brave, plus I really had to do some Hausubung (HW).

2 comments:
awe it looks like a fabulous time in vienna! im super jealous!!
miss you like a fat kid misses twinkies on a diet...
xoxoo
So Glad you got our package- I miss you! LOVE, mama
Post a Comment