I had this epiphany that if I ever started a Butcher Shop of my own, I would call it "Wurst Case Scenario."
This weekend was fabulous, I took it easy on Friday night and went to the Rathaus to watch the Kinderoper version of "Die Zauberflote" I love it when major musical organizations reach out like that! Saturday morning was my audition, which I think went pretty well-I really went for it; although my legs were shaking like Jello in an earthquake. Then I went with Jacy and Julie to the Nachtmarkt and had some Schnitzel und Sturm. We walked home and then relaxed until about 7 when Jacy and I decided to go out to Donauinselfest; it's an enormous gathering of people on the recreational island of *Donau* there were 21 stages with music and hoards of tents with food and drinks. We found Strawberry Sturm! I saw a ska-esque band that had a trombonist, saxophone, Barry Sax, drums, bass, lead guitar and trumpet. The lead guitarist conducted the group- only in Vienna! Jacy and I headed home early because it had been a long day.
The next morning we met up at the Shottentor station by my house and went up to Cafe Monarchie (which I've been wanting to visit for awhile) and had some coffee. I love melange. The place was so awesome, I'm definitely going back-there are relics of the reigon all over the place; even the floor has the Austrian crest on it! Then we walked down the street to Schubert's Geburtshaus, which was free! Woo! I thought the coolest thing there were his glasses. The museum was pretty empty and quaint, but I have a suspicion that they close off some of the quarters for free Sunday. I will investigate later! Jacy, Julia and I had a rough time figuring out how to get to the Belvedere, but we did it. There are many upcoming pictures of us frolicking in the gardens before we even got in; but we finally made it up to the upper-belvedere and saw some amazing art and architecture. There was a painting there that looks very similar to my sister when we were growing up and it made me a little teary! "Hilda & Franzi Matsch" Yes, I know that Franzi is a boy and my sister is a girl...but you're missing the point.
Completely unrelated...I saw another painting that can only be effective in person Hirchl's Souls at the Acheron. Again nothing to do with anything, but it was amazing in real life! We got to see a few Klimts too! I saw the infamous KISS, which was incredible! But I liked some other stuff of his better than the kiss (please don't hurt me!) I can't conjure any names up off the top of my head, I guess I'll just have to go back!
So yes, then I headed home and read some Harry Potter. Good weekend!
Today I got my result back from my German test...C ugh! But almost everyone had a C, so I don't think it's for lack of effort...it's just all of these dang articles and word structuring! The sentences are all ass-backwards! But my written dialogs pulled my grade up pretty nicely. So that's what matters, right? I went to the Nachmarkt and bought 2 apples and 2 nectarines...I'm working my bravery to ask for grapes and berries-since you can't ask for them as a piece..."can I have one grape?" "No. " I would have to ask in grams or bushels or something...so basically I only ask for things I've studied in class...haha
I'm pretty happy for myself, because I just went to the bank and made a transaction all in German, and even understood what was happening! She didn't even break into English! 10 points for Gryffindor.
Tonight I'm going to the standing room only area to see the "Barber of Seville" Yay! 2 Euro! I'm very excited :)
Love you and miss you!
Tchuss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I tried to Skype you- no avail!
Happy Birthday to you, you have always been my gift! We hope to talk to you soon- your painting is lovely! Again, Happy Birthday, beautiful bright girl! :-) Love, mama
Post a Comment