I just wrote Kristina Fox an e-mail, and pretty much copy and pasted it for the world to see....
My first German test went pretty well, it was really fantastic because our teacher took us to a cafe in the Stadt Park afterwards, and I had an amazing fruchtorte and melange...it was next door to a butterfly sanctuary. Pretty much perfect. The rule was that we could only order in German...no prob!
I'm leaving for a bus tour around the city in a few minutes, it's three hours long-but it'll probably be a good way to acquaint myself with the area.
Last night I hung around with my friend Julia in the 6th district, it was fun, we made dinner in her kitchen, which was really hard because of the oven in Celsius....and the fact that we can't figure out if sour cream exists here....so the mashed potatoes were interesting, but still good. The chicken was questionably cooked, not to mention the chicken here looks VERY fresh, which was a new experience....I've never been able to tell I'm actually eating an animal before (dinners hunted by Dad aside). I bought chicken breasts, and the tag on the package had the brand name "TITZ" on it....I don't know if it was supposed to be funny, but I thought it was amusing (picture coming soon). It also had the name "Johann" on it, which I'm pretty sure is the farmer's name, but it looked like they named my meal. Johann's tits. After dinner we went to a cafe and hung out for awhile. It's really nice because you can stay there all day and nobody will think twice about it... Okay I need to take off!
Tchuss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment