Monday, November 17, 2008

Ball Season





So I don't have much time before I get on the U-bahn again (for the 5th ride today) to get to Brass class.
The solo concert went really well, not my best ever playing, but I'm making some serious progress in the stage-fright dept, and that's what was most valuable about the performance for me.
I bought a real edition of the Strauss II and will be taking it to my lesson to master for next year's recital!

I went on a fantastic tour and walk around Schoenbrunn with some of 1812, and it was one of the more worthwhile things I've seen here, so I can't wait to take Mom and Erin.

I saw the Schoenberg museum for a hot second, but all of the music kids had to scatter out of there to make it in time for performance workshop that night.....I would have preferred the museum. Schoenberg was a composer and painter of the Expressionist movement-they're showing his work next to Munch's (the guy who did 'the scream' that looks like the Home Alone face). Pretty cool stuff!

I chopped off a ton of my hair and I love it. See photo above

AND I went to a ball, which was fantastic. Much more observing than dancing, because apparently most people bring dates...and dance with them the whole night, woops! It was really magical though and I'm glad I went.

School is going well, I didn't do as well on the finals as I had thought (88% on the Art and Architecture paper that you read, Dad...oh well) but they're not so bad. I can pull everything up by the end of the semester I think.

I found an apartment for next semester that I like better than my current one. I'll stay here till about Jan 7 and then I'm moving into the third district.

I registered for my temporary residence permit. I can't even believe how complicated that process was, Sue Wieser from the main office here said I did a really good job, but I seriously thought I was going to get deported. She said that the Austrian bureaucracy is infamous amongst the people who even LIVE here. I could go on and on about that day but I will spare you-bottom line, I wasn't deported and I got the correct receipt saying that my paperwork is being processed. Don't worry.

The Christmas markets are just opening up, I had some of the punch at one of the stands the other day, and it was AMAZING! I'll take pictures and actually get myself to the main market soon.

There is so much more to say, but I have to run, sorry to be brief!

Tchuss!

1 comment:

Margarita said...

Look at you, all grown up and getting by on your own in a foreign country. :)